Q: Hi, I just wanna ask , cause my husband bought a car from a dealer. He change oil on it . Suddenly when he go drive test the check

asked by on December 24, 2016

We bought a car from a dealer. I drove it for almost 5days.. then my husband change the oil and put a new oil filter on it.. after that he went for a drive test and the engine lights came on, and the speedometer doesn't work and back up camera doesn't work too. ..what's the problem with it.. please help cause we don't have enough money for repair.. thank you so much

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the check engine light and other warning lights on, the best thing to do is take the vehicle back to the dealership and speak with them. If dealing with the dealership is not an option, most automotive parts stores will scan the vehicle for free. With that being said, there is likely more testing that will need to be done. This however will point you in a direction that will help with diagnosis. We will know what systems are being affected, and can find the common factor. Changing the oil, if done correctly, should not illuminate any warning lights. It may be possible a sensor or wire was bumped and has a bad connection. For more help diagnosing the check engine light, contact our service department.