I have brown goo in my radiator and there's brown on the ...

Q: I have brown goo in my radiator and there's brown on the cap

asked by on May 01, 2017

I noticed the ac wasn't blowing as cold I checked the radiator and there was brown goo inside, and on the cap. There was coolant in the radiator along with brown stuff and no coolant in the coolant container

Hello there. The brown sludge you are referring to is often caused by rust or breakdown of the metallic and rubber components that comprise your cooling system. It is common for this to occur when a radiator and coolant lines are more than 15 years old, so it may be time to replace the radiator, coolant lines and flush the coolant system to avoid obstruction issues and overheating.