Q: Power steering pump is whirring

Power steering pump makes a whirring noise replaced it twice one used one re manufactured still the same love my volvo want it back quiter

A: Usually when the <a href='https://www.yourm...

Usually when the power steering pump makes noise, it is caused by air in the system. It is possible that the inlet hose to the pump has a small leak, causing the pump to pull a small amount of air into the system.

It may not leak fluid because the pump creates a small vacuum to pull the fluid into it. You should not see any bubbles in the fluid when the car is running. Even very, very small bubbles can cause noise.

A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the exact cause of the noise. Good luck.