Q: The ABS light is staying on. The heater/ a.c, cruise control and remote start are locked. What is the problem?

asked by on October 25, 2016

abs light/brake lights on seems to have locked out my heater/air conditioning fan, cruse control, and remote start. I have replaced abs control module with factory new one. have checked all fuses all good.

Check the ABS codes for any possible indications of what is going on.

Most often, the ABS light comes on when the wheel sensors are dirty. Check all of the wheel sensors for wear and clean them.

The electrical issues with the heater/ air-conditioning fan, cruise control, and remote start could be caused by loose or broken ground wires. Since these components are all on different circuits, you will need to check the grounding to all of them. If all the grounds are good, then the ignition switch is failing and needs to be replaced.

If you need further help, get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to inspect your car and find out why the ABS light is on.