Q: Car is rattling and leaking oil 1996 Toyota Camry

asked by on February 01, 2017

car rattling and leaking oil

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi - most often, oil leaks come from the valve cover gasket. Oil leaks should always be taken seriously, since low oil levels can cause serious engine damage. A rattling noise is often an engine heat shield or other metal bracket attached to the engine. I recommend a leak inspection and a noise inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose these problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.