Q: 2006 Acura TL Has High Idle

asked by on March 22, 2017

When I start my car the rpms raises to about 2000 rpms and stay there and also when i'm driving and come to a full stop my car is acting as if I had my foot on the gas pedal to about 2000 rpms.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your vehicle uses electronic throttle control to maintain the desired idle speed. In this system, the engine control module (ECM) receives input from various sensors to determine how much the throttle should be open. It then opens and closes the throttle by means of a throttle-mounted motor. A problem in this system could cause the issues you’re having. A vacuum leak is also a likely cause. The only way to know for certain is to have your high idle issue diagnosed firsthand by a professional. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.