Q: Service Problem. Today I brought in my 2015 Dodge Ram Diesel. (For Recall work) T25/NHTSA 17V-30

asked by on August 05, 2017

Service Problem. Today I brought in my 2015 Dodge Ram Diesel. (For Recall work) T25/NHTSA 17V-302 Nothing was wrong with my truck when I dropped off this morning. Everything worked! My truck was ready in an hour. It just needed Computer diagnostic word done. But now my cruise control will not work! Plus the Traction control light is on! And the remote on key when locking doors will not honk with two presses of the key! Three things that were all good before drop off are not working now. The service man said it must be a coincidence that this happened. Come on! He said I would have to pay 145$ to get checked out. I don't think I should be on the hook for this! Steven Hernandez 951-295-3715

Hi Steven. It’s very difficult to prove when electrical glitches occur or who should be "on the hook" for repair or diagnostic checks. The best advice I can offer is for you to speak with the service manager of the dealership to explain the situation to them and see if they are able to bring your car in to determine why these warning lights are illuminating. Hopefully they will be able to resolve this issue without hassle or cost to you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr