Q: When l start my car and put it in drive, l hear this horn noise coming from my back tires. Please help.

When l start my car and put it in drive l hear this horn noise coming from my back tires, please help me I'm very concerned. Also my car is burning oil alot what do l do?

The noise is coming from your rear brakes. If your vehicle has rotors on the rear, then the noise you heard is your pads vibrating. You may need to replace the rear calipers and keep the shims that fill the small gaps between pad and piston. If you have brake drums on the rear, then the brake kit is worn and is dragging the brake shoes on the drums causing the noise.

I would recommend replacing the brake shoes and the brake drum kit. If you need further assistance with noises in the rear of your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When l start my car and put it in drive, l hear this horn noise coming from my back tires. Please help.