Q: Car shaking badly, difficulty accelerating, wheels hot

Hi, I've had this issue with my car for a while now. It happened twice suddenly. I was driving anf the car was shaking. The car had difficulty accelerating. I had to get it towed home. This occured after a 35-mile trip. I took it to a shop and had it checked out. Everything seemed fine including the brakes. The next time it happened a couple of months later, I was driving a shorter distance. The wheels on the car after that, were very warm to the touch. I couldn't keep my hand on the right front one due to how hot it was. I took it to a mechanic yet again. He checked everything and it seemed fine. Do you have some idea what the issue might be? Thanks.

You will need to have the brakes checked to see why the brake pressure is staying applied to the front calipers. It sounds like the brake master cylinder is not returning. There is a recall for the vehicle brake master cylinder push rod coming off and this should be done by the dealer. If any work has been done to the brakes recently, like a brake booster or master cylinder, then the push rod may not have been adjusted correctly and is pushing on the back of the master cylinder. If the pressure stays to the brake calipers, then the brakes will overheat and warp the rotors and cause vehicle to not move too well. I recommend having a mechanic that can verify the problem and diagnose your car’s shaking issue.

3. Car shaking badly, difficulty accelerating, wheels hot