Q: Car dead all of a sudden

I came out from the store and my FJ Cruiser would not start. It gave me no codes when I tried to troubleshoot it. I'm thinking it might be the fuel pump.

If the vehicle cranks but doesn’t start the fuel pump could be the issue. A fuel pressure test will deterring if the issue is a pressure problem. Some other things that should be looked at are your theft deterrent system and your ignition system. If the theft deterrent system is activated for some reason, it will cut out fuel and though it may seem like a fuel pump it is not. The system also cuts out the ignition system. Some special equipment is needed to perform some of those test. I recommend seeking help from a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you diagnose why your car will not start correctly and void replacing parts unnecessarily.