Q: Car humming when turning or driving

I think my power steering is going out. I also have difficulty starting my car and the vehicle makes a humming noise while I am driving and turning.

A: Hi there. The difficulty in starting your v...

Hi there. The difficulty in starting your vehicle maybe from a worn out timing chain/belt. Also, the difficulty in turning your steering wheel may be due to a failure in your power steering system. The humming noise while driving can be a damaged wheel bearing. The humming during turning is caused by your power steering pump starving for fluid because it is hydraulic. If the pump does not receive proper fluid amounts it will not serve it’s purpose on assisting you to turn your wheels. Have a certified mechanic diagnose your vehicle’s noise in person for proper suggestion of the repairs that need to be made.