Q: All of a sudden, all of my dashboard lights came on and loss power to my window and all gauges. The truck says it's in reveres the whole time.

I have a 2009 dodge ram 1500 trx4 with the 5.7 hemi and I got out off the truck then got back in fired it up and all of the idot lights came on the dash loss power to my windows and my gages dont work also the truck states that it is in reveres and the gear indicator is lit up green

A: Hello. The first thing to check of course i...

Hello. The first thing to check of course is for blown fuses. Given the sudden nature of the failure, check for cut or damaged instrument panel wiring that might have shorted out as well, especially a ground wire. Instrument cluster failures like this are, unfortunately, a frequent story for this truck, with replacement of the cluster being the only reliable cure. Clusters are not interchangeable between gas and diesel. If you would like to have an expert inspect this more closely, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the loss of power and follow through with repairs.