Q: Knocking sound from beneath the glove compartment

My car has around 93,000 miles. When I turn on the a.c., there is a knocking noise that sounds like it is under and back of the glove compartment area. This is a pre-owned car and I keep having to replace parts. Now this. What do you think the knocking sound is?

Behind the glove box is the cabin air filter, blower motor and AC mode actuators. Any of the mode control actuators, such as the blend or mode actuators, can cause the knocking noise when the gears inside them fail. A qualified technician such as the ones at YourMechanic will have little trouble diagnosing this noise issue.

3. Knocking sound from beneath the glove compartment