Q: manual key ( no remote ) only opens and closes driver side door. other doors wont open/close.

asked by on October 20, 2017

manual key ( not remote fob ) only opens and closes driver side door. other doors remain uneffected by opening/closing driver side door lock. Same with front passenger side door. However, the central locking switch on drivers side works fine to open/close all doors.

Door does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Varun. Thanks for submitting your question this morning. Usually, when you use a manual key to unlock a door, it will only unlock that individual door. I’m not 100% sure that unlocking all doors is a feature of this particular vehicle. If it is, then it’s possible that a door lock solenoid or relay is faulty or there is a blown fuse. One thing to try is if your FOB will unlock all doors when pressing the unlock button on the remote. If this happens, then I think your Buick door locks are working correctly. You might want to verify that this option is available on this vehicle. If so, then have a professional mechanic complete a door lock inspection, as it will be necessary to have someone physically inspect the lock.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr