Q: Can my antifreeze leak be linked to my transmission problem?

I have a 2007 Yukon denali. Last week I discovered I have an antifreeze leak and yesterday I think my transmission starting slipping. When I stop at a light or stop sign truck jerks as well as when I accelerate. Also when itry to accelerate sometimes truck acts like it doesnt want to accelerate. The transmission temp is normally around 180 but now is going between 130 and 140. Could the antifreeze leak be causing the transmission problem? What do you think is the problem?

Hi there. You will need to first find the coolant leak and address the leak and get it fixed. The engine may overheat and cause even more problems. The transmission or engine misfires could be from the coolant leak if the coolant is getting onto the wiring of the engine. You may also be going into failure mode if the engine is running hot. Have the cooling system diagnosed and repaired first and any coolant leaks on the harnesses cleaned of coolant that may have got in connections. Then scan and test systems for further problems and diagnosis needed.

3. Can my antifreeze leak be linked to my transmission problem?