Q: My car jerks when I accelerate, what can be the cause of this issue?

My car jerks when I accelerate. If I’m pulling out of a park it would hesitate then jerks. Coming to a stop sign and then pulling off my car glides then jerk. It jerks when I’m backing up sometimes. After driving my car for a while the jerking would stop. My check engine and ABS light is on.

You may have an ignition system misfire due to worn spark plugs or shorting plug wires or coils. I recommend having the codes stored in computer tested to see if it points to the cause of the problem. The problem may even be a transmission shifting issue and a mechanic like one from YourMechanic can help you identify the problem and what system is causing it.

3. My car jerks when I accelerate, what can be the cause of this issue?