Q: the idle is a little rocky, but better since i put iridium plugs in it but it still didn't accelerate as soon as i press the gas

asked by on December 09, 2017

My 2015 chevy cruze doesnt accelerate when its supposed to, it like its not sync together. Other than the hard delay its idle is not terrible but still should be shaking. When i cut it on it backfires like the lean condition. Brand new plug belt connector tube from the air filter to the box above my right passenger tire

The backfiring and the rough idle are probably related. Backfiring is often caused by a too lean or too rich air-to-fuel ratio although a few other causes are discussed below. A backfire in the intake manifold is caused by a ratio that is too lean (not enough fuel). A backfire out the exhaust system is caused by a ratio that is too rich (too much fuel). If backfiring is occurring, it is recommended that you request a diagnostic to identify and resolve the root of the problem. Some other possible causes of backfiring are moisture or resistance in the car’s electronic ignition system that allows a crossover generation of current to the wrong cylinder; a lean mixture caused by either an engine vacuum leak or low fuel-pump pressure; a faulty air injection check valve (part of the car’s emission control system) allows too much air into the car’s exhaust system; a failed air intake boot can cause a backfire by altering the feedback voltage to the PCM; faulty ignition components or spark plugs may also cause backfires if the ignition timing drifts off or the plugs fire intermittently; and an exhaust leak such as broken welds or other small holes can take in cool air during deceleration and cause a popping or backfiring in the exhaust system. If you request a backfiring diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.