Q: I have a 2006 Honda Accord and the dash lights and radio willl sometimes go off then come right back on when I'm going about 40 mph.

asked by on March 15, 2017

I have a 2006 Honda Accord and the dash lights and radio willl sometimes go off then come right back on a second later when I'm going about 40 mph. The engine does not seem to go off. It has done this about every other day over the last week and a half. Today the check engine light came on and the code was P0685. It went off on its own tonight. What do you think the problem is and do you have an idea what needs to be fixed? Thanks

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The code P0685 refers to the main ECM (computer) relay has lost power. Check the main relay and see if its getting hot. A hot relay will disconnect to cool off and reconnect. If the relay is getting hot, then either the relay is burned and needs replaced or there is a loose wire in the relay circuit.

If you need further assistance with your dashboard lights flashing on and off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr