Q: How do you erase a personal access code for the keyless entry keypad?

How do you erase a personal access code for the keyless entry keypad?

While you can program up to three personal access codes for your car, there may come a time that you need to delete those codes. This could be for any number of reasons, from selling the car to removing the code for someone who no longer has access to the car. Here’s what you need to do to delete them:

1. Enter the factory access code with the keypad.
  2. Press the 1 and 2 buttons within five seconds of entering the factory code.
  3. Hold the 1 and 2 buttons. Keep them held for about two seconds.

Tips

• All the personal codes programmed to your car are erased with this step. You cannot delete one code at a time.

• The factory code cannot be deleted, and will remain active even if you delete your personal codes.

• How do you erase a personal access code for the keyless entry keypad?