Q: Car ran hot and now it will crank, but will not start.

The car started running hot, now I can not get it to start. There is no water in the oil, I have already checked and changed the oil. I have replaced the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, thermostat, crank positioning sensor, coolant temperature sensor, and oil. I have gotten it to start twice after I changed the fuel filter but it wasn't a normal start. It still struggled. What's something else that could cause the no start?

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle will crank, but will not start, needs to be properly diagnosed. Replacing parts without diagnosing, can be costly and time consuming. The fact you got the engine to start after replacing the fuel filter, leads me to believe, the fuel pump could be faulty. A fuel pressure test is recommended. Replacing the fuel pump is somewhat labor intensive, don’t replace it on a guess. The engine running hot could be any number issues, ie; water pump, restricted radiator, thermostat (replaced already), inoperative cooling fan(s), restricted exhaust (ie; plugged catalytic converter). I recommend having your vehicle’s no start and running hot issue be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Car ran hot and now it will crank, but will not start.