Q: 2007 KIA Carnival 3.8L Petrol Automatic

Kia Carnival 3.8L Petrol:car hesitates at times and slows down badly at times. It almost stalls at times. It keeps slow speed at 20-30KM. more so when low on gas 1/4 or less tank. most of the time is ok. I have driven it on very low gas and may also have put bad gas in it. Need to know where the gas filters is as there is nou opening in side the van as is the case with older Kia Vans. What is the likely cause? where is the fuel filter and gas pump etc. My car has 130000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

A: This sounds like potentially a problem with...

This sounds like potentially a problem with fuel delivery or intake. I would recommend checking the mass air flow sensor to see if it is dirty or faulty as this can cause the hesitation or slowing you are describing. Also check the throttle position sensor as this can also cause this issue.

I'm curious if the Check Engine Light is on. If so, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the stalling issue firsthand and help repair it with a scanning tool which will allow any fault codes to be downloaded from the car's computer indicating what specifically is failing.