Q: If the computer was calibrated wrong, can that damage the computer.

My car died at a stop light. I brought it to a shop, they changed the crank and cam sensors and calibrated the computer. Not even a month later, my car died at a stop light again. I brought it back to the same shop. Now their saying I need a new computer, and the warranty from the work previously done does not cover a new computer. They want 975.00 to fix my car now.

A computer calibration will not damage the computer unless the update failed. If it failed then the vehicle would not started right after the calibration was done. Then all that would need to be done too redo the calibration.

3. If the computer was calibrated wrong, can that damage the computer.