Q: Car won't start

asked by on October 15, 2016

I changed fuel pump and starter and when I try to start the car it makes clicking noise in the inside and i radio that I had in my car blow the day my car broke down

Hi there. Usually when you hear a clicking sound when you attempt to start the vehicle, it’s because the starter motor won’t engage. It’s possible that when you replaced the starter, the starter relay that supplies power to the starter is damaged, or the starter motor gears are not properly aligned with the flywheel. You might want to contact one of our local mechanics to complete an inspection to see why your car isn’t starting before you start removing parts or replacing components.