Q: Heating problem

asked by on December 15, 2016

Climate control works,but blows cool air

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The first thing to confirm is whether or not the engine operating temperature is in the normal range and whether there is sufficient coolant in the radiator. If, for example, the engine cooling system thermostat is stuck open, and thus the engine doesn’t reach normal operating temperature, you will get inadequate heat delivery to the cabin. If the engine temperature is normal, and the coolant level is full, you’ll want to check the operation of the heater control valve as well as any blend door(s) and controls within the under dash HVAC ventilation network. If no faults are found to this point, suspect a plugged heater core. "No heat" is a fairly common scenario that YourMechanic technicians are called on to repair every day and consequently the most expeditious thing to do is simply request a no heat diagnostic and the responding certified Mechanic will get your problem resolved promptly.