Q: I pluged a malfun.Fm modulator in cigarete lighter,and somehow it went in and trying to remove i saw a spark and dont work anymore

Tried to change a new fuse 15A and still nothing. It seems that it never get any power on that outlet anymore. Tried a new device and still nothing, working on other car. So i wonder what could it be? Maybe something before fuse box? cause that fuse thought was broked, but it was working, replaced with STOP fuse and it was working. Thx in advance.

Hi Emil. Thanks for contacting us today. I’m a bit confused by your question. if the FM modulator is not working now after the spark issue, then it’s likely that the short circuit has damaged electrical components inside that system. If the cigarette lighter is not working, then an accessory relay is likely damaged. You might want to check all fuses and relays first and replace if they are damaged. If they are good, then a more in-depth electrical inspection by a professional mechanic is probably a good idea.