Q: Grinding sounds when driving over a speed bump

My van started making a grinding sound each time I go over a speed bump, no matter how slowly I drive over it. What could be causing the noise?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2000 Plymouth Voyager. There is a technical service bulletin to check the sway bar links connected to the front struts. The joints start to bind and can cause squeaks, grunts, and groans when turning or going over bumps. Have a qualified mechanic inspect the grinding noise in person and replace the sway bar links if necessary.

3. Grinding sounds when driving over a speed bump