Q: How do you maintain the touchscreen?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you maintain the touchscreen?

While the touchscreen in your car is designed to require virtually no maintenance, a little TLC will go a long way toward keeping the screen in great shape and useful for years to come. Here’s what you should do:

1. Using a dry, clean, soft cloth, wipe the touchscreen (a microfiber cloth like you use to clean your cell phone will work well).

2. If deeper cleaning is needed, a very mild soap should be used (no harsh cleansers, or abrasive cleaners).

3. Never spray liquid directly on the screen – spray a small amount on the cleaning cloth and then wipe the screen clean.