Q: P0011 code....just missed factory warranty....should o get service @ dealership or local mechanic shop to save $.

asked by on March 28, 2017

P0011 code......missed warranty for dealership.....will i save money getting repaired @ local mechanic shop.

P0011 means that the intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded. Typically, the mechanic would resolve this by checking the electrical connectors, wiring, or valve issues for the camshaft oil control valve for the engine’s bank 1 intake camshaft. Valve timing systems rely on clean engine oil of the correct viscosity so the oil would be checked. If everything checks out OK, the fault code is cleared but if the code returns, there is a manufacturer specific test for the P0011 code that is performed. This is a routine, mobile service and consequently, in regard to your question about the economics of the diagnostic and repair, you will save the most money by simply having a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic do the work. If you desire that, simply request a check engine light diagnostic - code P0011 and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.