Q: Why does car start when MAF sensor is cleaned with spray even after being disconnected

Crank sensor replaced, tune ups done, car cranks but won't start occasionally

The MAF sensor may be not reading the correct altitude you are at and may see 10,000 ft when you are less than 500 feet. When you disconnect it the computer uses a set look up table stored in memory and will start but not run very well. Replace the MAF to fix problem.

3. Why does car start when MAF sensor is cleaned with spray even after being disconnected