Q: I have a 2013 Chevy Camaro SS and wanted to know where or is there a fuse for the Electric Power Steering?

asked by on February 19, 2018

Well here goes. Im having issues with my power steering. Turns out it's electric instead of hydraulic. Wanted to know Is there a fuse I could check first before I replace the rack and pinion?

Steering wheel is hard to turn Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The circuit for the power steering system is protected by a fuse located in the underhood fuse box. The fuse is high capacity, maybe as much as 60 amps. If the fuse has blown, there might be a problem in the circuit as fuses are circuit protection devices and thus don’t blow for no reason. If the fuse is intact, the exact fault in the power steering system should be determined prior to replacing any parts. To have your power steering system diagnosed, the recommended service to request is a power steering diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get the fault pinpointed and repaired, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.