Q: Truck making a knocking noise .

When I start the truck it starts making a knocking noise on the passenger side. Even when I just turn the truck on it starts making the knocking noise . I don't know what I should do and how to go about it.

A: Hello. You should contact a certified mecha...

Hello. You should contact a certified mechanic before running the engine anymore, to avoid any further damage or causing an unsafe driving condition. They should have the specialty tools and techniques to properly diagnose the problem. Without some further information, it would be impossible to know if there is major engine damage, if a rocker arm has broken, or any number of other possibilities. If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home or office and diagnose the knocking noise.