Q: Trying to get an estimate on how much it'll be to replace the motor for electric power steering.

asked by on February 11, 2018

Looking to get an estimate on how much it will cost to replace the motor in my electric power steering for my escape?

Steering Rack/Gearbox Replacement $321.16 - $2117.47 Get a Quote

There was a Ford recall involving the power steering system on your model so you should check with Ford to be sure that any warranty related work was already performed or perhaps should be performed. Hopefully, you have already received an authoritative diagnostic, otherwise it is in your best interests to have a mechanic confirm that the motor is actually the fault and, as well, determine if any other parts are required. Poor connections to the motor will make it appear as if the motor is bad. At any rate, you just want to be sure the exact fault is understood so you don’t needlessly replace the wrong part(s). To get the process started, you can make a generic request via YourMechanic’s rack replacement service page. Just indicate in the notes that you desire only motor replacement and/or a diagnostic prior to any work. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr