Q: Car is reading trouble code PO136 01/01

My 2002 ford escape is reading a code PO136 01/01 I dont even think that is a good code. Replaced sensor sensor 1 bank1 was ok for about 2 days came back on same weird code please advise?

Hi. There could be a couple of things going on here. There are multiple oxygen sensors on your car and sometimes what we think bank 1 is may not be and the wrong oxygen sensor is replaced giving us the same P0136 code as before.

Another possible causes is the part that you have could be defective from the parts store and cause the code to come back after replacement. Fords are also know to throw oxygen sensor codes when the car has a vacuum leak in the engine or loose or broken vacuum lines.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I suggest you have a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home and further diagnosis your car’s trouble code.

3. Car is reading trouble code PO136 01/01