Q: Looking to buy a Saab

I'm a college student who travels 300 miles across the state monthly and I need a car. I really like the Saab 2000 9-3 and can get one for a good deal. From what I've read, it might not be worth it to purchase one, but I want to ask someone who knows cars. Is it worth it to purchase this Saab and use it for the upcoming years, or is it just to much to maintain?

Hi there:

In general, a SAAB is one of the more expensive vehicles to maintain, just for the simple cost and availability of aftermarket part options. However, they can be very dependable vehicles if they’ve been properly serviced over the years. One thing I recommend all college students to complete before buying a new vehicle is to have a local mobile mechanic complete a pre-purchase car inspection; so they can determine if there are any ’warning’ signs that may indicate potential mechanical issues.

3. Looking to buy a Saab