Q: Remote start system and bypassing the hood sensor

How do you bypass the hood open senser can you just pull a fuse I just got this 2006 terraza was reading the liners manual how the remote starter won't work if the hood senser is on and it is.my remote has a bottom for what I think I may have a remote starter.

Hello. If your hood sensor indicator is on then that is a sign that the hood is either open, or that there is an issue with the hood sensor. If the sensor is faulty I would recommend repairing the issue before attempting to use any sort of remote start features, especially if you believe the sensor may be preventing the remote start from functioning. If you are unsure whether or not your vehicle is equipped with a remote start system I would contact a dealership with your vehicle’s identification number handy, and ask them if your vehicle is equipped with the feature, as well as how to use it if it is. Bypassing the hood sensor could be as simple as disconnecting it, or having to modify the wire. Whatever the case, I would not recommend bypassing the sensor, as repairing or replacing it would likely be a simple task. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine if the sensor needs to be replaced, or if another issue may be present.

3. Remote start system and bypassing the hood sensor