Q: Wipers not working, 2005 Skoda Octavia

I turned my wipers on this morning before goin to work and the randomly stopped working, i heard a click and the were stuck in up position, when i turn them on i can still hear the motor working so thats no the problem, is it possible the they might have popped out of place? skoda octavia 2005 1.9tdi.. not listed above

I am working on this

Hello, Since you can hear the wiper motor working when turned on, it sounds like the mechanical linkage for the windshield wipers has failed in some fashion. This failure could be in the wiper motor transmission, or in the mechanical linkage proper - broken link, or stripped splines where the wiper arms attach to the shafts which rotate them. For a closer inspection, I would recommend a windshield wiper system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.