Q: The engine misfires at 2000 RPM if I accelerate too fast

asked by on November 03, 2016

Miss fires at 2000 rpms if accelerate too quickly. Vibrations

Why isn't my truck not starting?

You have an electrical issue at the fuel tank. It is possible a wire was pinched/broken on the fuel pump assembly. Also possible is the fuel pump harness was damaged or pinched when your fuel tank was removed and replaced....

I took my transmission out to change out 3 freeze plugs on the motor. Tt's a 88 chevy s10 witg 2.8. I put everything back and now the clutch don't work.

Hi there. Check the slave cylinder on the clutch system and see if it's leaking. If there is no leak, then operate the clutch pedal and have someone watch the slave cylinder. If the clutch fork is moving all the...

Slow/no acceleration...High RPMs...No engine light

I do see that there are a couple of different Technical Service Bulletin's (TSB's) that may be associated with your 2007 Dodge Charger. I would first contact the dealership to verify whether or not the issue would be covered. This...

Car starts but will not run

You should not replace any parts, at all, unless the part is diagnosed as not functioning. ECU's rarely fail (fully 50% of warranty returns on ECU's have absolutely nothing wrong with them). If there is a spark at the plug...

Why is there metal shavings in my oil filter but my engine isn't making a noise?

You can send a sample of the oil and/or the foreign material to a laboratory and they will perform an analysis identifying the type of metal which could give you a clue as to location. As far as the connection...

Car temperature gauge is halfway. I just changed the thermostat. Why isn't it going down?

Hey there. There are a few other reasons aside from the thermostat that may cause the car to overheat such as a clogged radiator or potentially a faulty coolant fan switch. A clogged radiator may prevent the coolant from flowing...

Traction control warning comes on all the time

This issue should be covered by a recent GM special service bulletin 14636 that will replace your throttle position sensor and pedal assembly. The bulletin is dated April 8, 2015. Make an appointment with your local dealer and they will...

Heater fan seems to surge

Hello. Your vehicle does use a vacuum operated heater control valve to allow hot coolant into the vehicle's heater core so that warm air can be generated. If you hear an opening and closing sound then it may be possible...

Won't start

Hi there: We're seeing more of these questions frequently with late 1990's Chevrolet's. Although there are multiple issues that could cause an engine to not start, the most common repair we're seeing is replacing the crankshaft position sensor. This component...