Q: The engine misfires at 2000 RPM if I accelerate too fast

Miss fires at 2000 rpms if accelerate too quickly. Vibrations

Q: will a temperture switch cause an engine not to start?

The engine coolant temperature sensor sill not cause the engine to die or not start, but can cause the fuel system to go full rich. The engine dies when getting hot is most likely due to an ignition spark loss...

Q: Why would I lose my brakes and power steering after changing my ball joint?

This should not have any effect on your power steering or power brakes as these are separately controlled systems and may be a part of a larger problem. I would suggest having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic,...

Q: Replacing the cam cover gasket on a 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun that is losing oil

You are obviously in England since you are talking about pounds. I know stuff costs more in England. But if they have to take the cam apart to do the cam seal, it's an expensive job. They have to get...