My gear won’t go into gear my clutch pedal extremely ligh...

My gear won’t go into gear my clutch pedal extremely light it’s gets stuck half way I pulled my dipstick out and it’s very low Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting? Yhhh ...

My gear won’t go into gear my clutch pedal extremely light it’s gets stuck half way I pulled my dipstick out and it’s very low Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting? Yhhh I can’t shift gears I have to turn the car off to shift gears Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Fiat punto 2007 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? Nothing so far I’m just stuck at the moment Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Nope thank you

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible Can i first ask your name please ?

Mohammed
Automotive Expert
Hi Mohammed I hope you are well . Can you select gears without the car running ?

I can
Automotive Expert
Ok is there anything parked Infront of the vehicle ?

Nope
Automotive Expert
Ok so if you go out to the car and put foot down on clutch and select 1st then start car what happens ? Can you pull away ? (Car may jump forward when starting )
Automotive Expert
Its likley that the clutch requires replacement and is no longer clearing to give the temporary neutral required to change gear . Thanks for choosing just answer today and please let me know if you have any further questions at all . To contact me again for any future questions use the link provided [https://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-mastertechuk/](//www.justanswer.com/car/expert-mastertechuk/)