Q: Engine knocking

asked by on February 24, 2016

The engine is knocking.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. An engine knock can occur in many different instances. Your vehicle may have not received the proper lubrication under heavy load at one point. Without an in person diagnosis, it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with your engine. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the engine noise further in person in order to determine the exact cause of the knock. From there, necessary repairs on your vehicle can be made.