The flex pipe needs to be replaced. honda 1991 accord l4-...

Q: The flex pipe needs to be replaced.

asked by on November 30, 2016

I am getting a car with a broken flex pip how would i fix that? is there another way instead of cutting it? like buying a new muffler or something like that

Yes, the entire section of pipe the flex pipe is attached to can be replaced. For the best fit, consider ordering the part from your local dealer. The repair may take some time depending on how much rust has built up around the fasteners along the exhaust system. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and assess the damages along the exhaust system and offer a more personal estimate on the repairs.