Q: The coolant hose between the radiator and engine is kinked. I think its either the thermostat or the water pump. Please advise how

asked by on August 18, 2017

Coolant is not circulating through the engine. The coolant hose going into the engine is kinked. The temp gauge gets hot in traffic, but has not redlined yet and cools off while driving. I am hopeful the problem is just the thermostat, but was wondering if there is a way to tell if it is the water pump without actually doing any work on the car? Im trying to sell it because it has been sitting and not driven for months and wanting to fix anything easy so that its worth more. Please advise. Thank you and have a great day.

You will need to replace the kinked hose to restore flow to the engine. This is the bypass hose so coolant flows through the engine before thermostat opens.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr