Q: Right front brake pads worn more than left ones

I have a '95 Mustang GT with new front tires. I was told that my right front brake pads are worn, more than the left pads. Does tha mean one of my calipers isn't working? If so, should I replace it?

A: You’ve got a Mustang. You’re probably drivi...

You’ve got a Mustang. You’re probably driving and braking pretty fast. The right brakes, on most people’s cars always wear out faster than the left ones. This is because when you are driving fast, and when you make a left turn, you step on the gas and turn really fast. But if you are making a right turn, a lot of times you step on the brake first and then go.

So you generally brake more when you are turning right than left. So the right ones just wear out faster. That’s normal for almost every car. Even with totally normal cars that I work on, the right front pads always wear more than the left front pads. Put new brake pads on all of them then see what happens. If in the short period of time, the right brake pads wear out completely, then they may also need new calipers. But if not, that’s just normal for a lot of cars.