Q: idling rough warning lights

My Z4 is running rough while idling and the warning lights are on. I changed the car battery and the problems still exist. I put a battery charger on the battery located in the trunk. My car would not start, so I bought a new battery. Now the car idles rough, the warning lights for the brake, Engine Management Light and engine light are on. Do you have any ideas as to what the problem is?

Hello. I think the car is running rough because the Check Engine Light is on. It is possible that the alternator is not working properly causing low voltage, which would make the car difficult to run properly. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection to diagnose why your Check Engine Light is on. This technician should also inspect the battery and charging system.

3. idling rough warning lights