Q: Can't press the gas and car won't stay crank

asked by on November 06, 2016

My car had stop in the middle of the street, like it won't let me press the gas. Now it won't stay crank, what's the problem

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

Hello. This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose the stalling issue and replace the throttle position sensor for you if necessary.