Q: My ford automatic transmission is slipping. Is there a quick fix?

I also have a problem with frontal noise. Popping on right & left sharp turns. This Ford Taurus has had front collision damage. I was told that the shade tree mechanic may have put a Volvo Front Axles instead of Ford? I was told that they were interchangeable however, that Volvo's overall dim. were shorter in length and that is probably the cause of popping etc?

Glenn Morris at E-mail address: annitamor@gmail.com

Hi there. When it comes to a transmission slipping, there is no real quick way to fix it. Check the fluid to see if its full. If the fluid is full and is somewhat red, I recommend performing a transmission oil flush and filter change. This may help the transmission, but will not fix anything that is damaged from the transmission slipping. If the transmission oil is black, I suggest having the transmission rebuilt or replaced. The oil would be burnt and if the oil was to be changed, then the transmission will stop working. If you need further assistance with your transmission slipping, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My ford automatic transmission is slipping. Is there a quick fix?