Q: Would performing a heater core bypass give my AC colder air in my 2001 Jeep Wrangler

asked by on June 06, 2017

My AC is charged to optimum pressure, and my compressor works. But the air coming into the cabin is not completely chilled. It's only moderatly cool. Would bypassing the heater core prevent this issue from continuing?

Hello. Unfortunately this will not help. If the blend doors under the dash are working fine then the heater core should be completely blocked out when the a/c is on. If the system is functioning properly and the system pressures are correct then you more than likely have an issue with the blend doors under the dash. It can be a door or a door motor.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr