Q: Transmission jerks, goes into limp mode, loss of power - 2006 Mercedes-Benz B200

My car has a CVT, which lately has been acting up. When I start the car, after only several minutes of the engine running, the transmission-related message comes up on the dashboard. The transmission begins jerking as well. It would also switch to limp mode at some point. Then, I would be able to continue driving but it seems that the transmission emains in one gear and doesn't shift. The car also has troubles accelerating when this occurs. When I restart the car, the message turns off and the problem goes away very briefly. If I apply the gas pedal quickly and with force, the car is back to the limp mode. Do you have any idea what might be the cause and solution to this problem?

Hello. It sounds like there is a problem with either the transmission control module and/or its wiring. There could also be a problem with the transmission valve body or clutches and if either of these are worn out this may cause the problem you are experiencing. The best solution is to repair or replace the transmission control module or fix any wiring that may be damaged. Also, the transmission may need to be rebuilt or replaced. My suggestion would be to take the car to a transmission shop for diagnosis and repair.

3. Transmission jerks, goes into limp mode, loss of power - 2006 Mercedes-Benz B200