Q: Car door alarm sensors keep going off while car is on, because of that I can't even lock my doors when it's off.

Last night after cleaning out my car I closed all the doors then tried to lock it and the extra long beep went off (which usually only happens if my keys are in the car or if the doors are opened). The "open door "light on my dashboard was blinking so I rechecked every door and closed them all again, and it still said they were open. I reluctantly just did not lock my car and called it a night. And then this morning when I left for work the same sensor was still blinking only this time it BEEPED the entire time I was driving(not or long beep a short consistent beep beep beep), because supposedly "a door was open" even though I checked and re checked and they were all closed. So now I cannot lock my car or drive without it beeping like crazy because of the "open doors". I leave tomorrow morning for a drive to San Francisco and this can't be an issue. How do I turn this off or fix it?

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. What seem to happen is a door sensor / switch has failed. Turn on the dome light to door and shut all of the doors. See if the light dims after shutting all of the doors. If the light does not dim, then there is a door switch that has failed. Look at the switches on the cab where the door seals and see if any of the switched look damaged or at an angle. Most of the time the driver door switch fails for that door is used the most. Check each switch for power and see which door switch does not have power on the ground side when activating the switch. Replace the switch that does not work. This also goes for the back hatch switch as well. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your door light being on and the beeping noises.

• Car door alarm sensors keep going off while car is on, because of that I can't even lock my doors when it's off.