Q: When should I change the engine oil? What is the best oil type for winter and summer?

When should i change engine oil? What is the best oil type for winter and summer? What is the best oil filter?

The engine oil used for summer is typically thicker. Thinner oil in the winter allows it to warm up quicker and lubricate sooner. Thicker oil will take longer to warm up and perform its duties. Your vehicle may only want one type of oil. Your owner’s manual will have more information.

Your vehicle will take 5 liters of a 5w30 motor oil. If you have been using fully synthetic oil, you will want to replace it with a fully synthetic oil. Some people insist on using a German oil company to keep it original. However, this is totally optional. You can use whatever brand of filter you would like. Each brand will have their own product code for that filter.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to perform an oil change if you are thinking about having your car serviced.

3. When should I change the engine oil? What is the best oil type for winter and summer?