Q: My car has a hard time starting and when it finally does it shakes violently then dies.

My car has a hard time starting and when it finally does the engine shakes and rattles violently, then dies. Fuel pump, perhaps?

A: Hello there, many different faults can caus...

Hello there, many different faults can cause your 2002 Ford Focus to start then die. The most common causes would be a vacuum leak, faulty oxygen sensor, exhaust leak, alternator, battery cable, wiring harness fault, fuel pump, fuel filter, or a mass airflow sensor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the starting issue and make the repairs required to get your vehicle running properly.